Saturday, June 11, 2022

Belmont Stakes 2022

 After screwing up the Preakness for betting against Chad Brown and Early Voting, I'm back to backing 6 Mo Donegal who was my pick in the Derby. Has to stay close, can't be too far back. Irad choice (over Nest) for Pletcher who loves to win the Belmont.

1 We The People meets my numbers, has the right running style for this race, and the pedigree. But I don't like him. Looks dressed up from the sealed track win in the Peter Pan and will struggle on the lead here, I think, presuming 3 Nest will go after him. Mo Donegal and Nest, the filly, are both owned in part by Repole Stables. So I am assuming that the only reason she is in the race is to keep We The People honest and allow Mo Donegal to close.

5 Creative Minister looks to be improving and could hit the exacta. But we can't ignore 4 Rich Strike who ran like a crazy horse in the Derby and has been working very well at Churchill and will likely like the Belmont track as well. Has to stay closer if he is to win.

Here is the safe bet: 

$2 exacta box: 4-5-6

My bet:

$20 exacta box: 4-6 = $40

$10 exacta box: 5-6 = $20

Good luck!

No comments: