Friday, May 17, 2019

Preakness Stakes Selections

Still crying about our terrible Derby loss. Had the winner, bet against the Baffert horses, and all of the top five "original" winners met our numbers. Very tough way to lose when right about everything.

Here is my analysis of the Preakness. Very even group of horses where anyone can win except for a couple. Against Improbable again as the horse had no punch in the Derby and Baffert has been less than confident in his chances here.

I like the 7 Alwaysmining. A win machine stepping up. I expect him to be about 5 lengths back into the first turn then gradually move up and around the group. Should be a good price. 11 Laughing Fox is the Asmussen runner who has a good chance as well. Looks a little lesser, but may be improving. 2 Bourbon War missed the Derby and has been working well. A deep closer, but is rested. Chance on best. 8 Bodexpress hated the slop at Churchill but was second behind Maximum Security in the Florida Derby. Still a maiden.

Here is the safe bet: $2 exacta box: 2-7-8-11 = $24

Here is my bet: $50 win 7 = $50
$5 exacta box: 2-7-8-11 =  $60
$10 exacta: 7 over the 2-8-11 = $30
Total: $140

Good luck!
Mr. X

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bodexpress is #9.
Good Luck! I tried making my own calculates based upon your criteria for the Derby. I had Country House meeting it twice and once was in the slop. My wife likes the longshots so she played it.


Bob

Mr. X said...

Terrific! Liked the horse but didn't like the post.