Saturday, August 18, 2018

The Alabama No Walkover

Yes, I am still alive and just barely positive for the meet which is good, because I'm usually way down going into the second half of the meet.

In the Alabama, there are no standouts that show that they can go the 10f including the overwhelming favorite, 3 Midnight Bisou. But she might be that much better than these to carry her speed for the distance. My numbers (incomplete without track variants) suggest that the other Asmussen horse, 4 She's a Julie, may be more suited to the 10f although she has only raced 8.5f, not the usual 9f that we require. The good news is that my numbers say that the second favorite, 8 Talk Veuve to Me, is a complete throwout not being able to make the distance. Other horses that have a chance for second are 7 Coach Rocks who will be wildly overbet because of local connections and the sleeper in Dallas Stewart's lightly raced 5 Auspicious Babe at 30-1.

Here's my bet - Exacta box: 3-4 and exacta: 3-4 over 5-7.

Good luck!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you going to post for Travers?
Thanks, Bob

Bob Duff said to say helllo

Mr. X said...

I will take a look at the race and post my bets for the Travers. Otherwise, no. Had a first terrible day today, lost almost $400. Don't tell my wife. Otherwise, that is the total loss for the meet, so I was doing okay until today.

Best regards to you and Duff.