Saturday, August 26, 2017

Travers 2017 Quagmire

Amazing betting race if you like a horse. The only way I can make a case is to eliminate a number of horses that have done well previously, but don't seem to be at their peak now.

I will bet 5 Good Samaritan because of his Jim Dandy and numbers. He has to stay close. But my numbers say that he will love the distance.  Looks like the winner. 3 West Coast looks to be improving and has great numbers to like the 10f distance. Major shot.

10 Irap looks to be improving as well. I think he will like the distance although not as positive as the top two. 4 Tapwrit has been training up to the race; he looks like a horse that runs all day as in the Belmont, but I'm not sure he has the punch for the 10f. Also concerning is that the horse ran badly at the Spa although it was his first race ever. Still a cause for concern.

The pace is very muddled for the race although I have to expect Always Dreaming to go to the lead. Let's hope that there isn't a scramble for the lead and traffic troubles with the twelve horses in the race.

The Bet:

Win: 5    Exbx: 5-3  Exbx: 3-5/10-4

Good luck!

No comments: