Monday, September 14, 2015

Saratoga Epilogue and the Hopeful

Never had such a bad season with so few tickets cashed. Went days without cashing. I never did get into a groove, so there wasn't much sense in sending out a Doghouse Confidential when doing so poorly. Nothing was working; even abandoned my computerized numbers.

Over the Labor Day weekend, I didn't cash a ticket from Friday to Sunday. On Monday morning, I did my computerized numbers that led me to the California invader, Ralis, in the 10th race Hopeful at 4-1 morning line, from the connections of I'll Have Another who won the Derby and Preakness a few years ago. The Hopeful is for 2 year old colts whom the owners and trainers "hope" will make it to the Kentucky Derby.

At the track, I didn't cash a ticket again through the first nine races. Then came the Hopeful that Ralis won easily and paid over $15 to win. Had the double ($40) and the Grand Slam ($161) - ten times each. So I collected over $2000. Certainly brought me back but not even for the meet. Ironic that I hit the Hopeful. Gives me some reason to hope to do better!

1 comment:

Robert said...

You were in good company! I'm going to Kentucky this May checking one of the "bucket list" items. The Derby is on my birthday this year and I'm taking my mom, wife and son. You have been a big help for me over the past several year's for the derby. I'm hoping you post some of your details for the race early. I'd even be interested for the Oak's. Hoping 2016 is a better year all around.
Thanks again for sharing!
Bob