Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Labor Day Epilogue

On the Doghouse, hit the 4th race quinella for $8.70 multiple times. Hit the $1 superfecta in the 7th for half of $524. Hit the triple in the 8th for half of $101.

In the Pk3 using the TicketMaker sheet, I was live in the 10th race Hopeful to five horses. But I was not at all confident that I would win, even with five of the twelve horses. That is how difficult that race was. My payoffs were half of $160 to around $800 for the five horses. Luckily or unluckily the favorite won and paid half of $172. I did not have the second or third horses, so I was very happy to hit it even though the payoff was small. I did make a small profit (less than $100) for the day.

On one of my days at the track, I had the privilege to watch a race from the roof in the chart caller booth. Then we went to the photo finish room and were given an overview of how the photo finish is finalized and posted on the web. Really interesting and high tech. Here is a picture from the roof:


It was a losing season, but the weather really was superb in the last couple of weeks. Win or lose, Saratoga is really something special!

Mr. X

No comments: